I started the morning off at the verge of throwing a temper tantrum.
ESPN wasn’t broadcasting anything. Dad had logged onto slingbox, but was using his tiny laptop screen and hovering over it himself. My Internet was being hogged by him. I couldn’t assemble the right cables to plug his laptop into the tv. Mum was being overly placating. And this was one of the few times I actually have time to watch a full game. If I had access.
After calling up the front desk in desperation to ask them to call the cable company, I continued sulking until I was surprised about 20 minutes later to see the game suddenly pop up on my formerly blank screen.
Highlights, from the 6th:
– Most gasp inducing moment: watching Drew be beaned very close under his head by a wild pitch.
– Most pleasing moment: Youk’s long hit to get the second rbi.
– Most disappointing moment: Having bases loaded, and left stranded.
– Most unbelievable: Dice-K’s endurance in this start.
– Masterson has improved immensely from his spring training performances.
– This is the first time I’ve seen Papelbon pitch in a long time. I’m still boggled out of my mind how low his pay is in comparison to the other pitchers.
– Tampa Bay demonstrated a lot of composure and perseverance for a young team.
My star of the day: In spite of myself, I concded that it is Dice-K.
Red Sox 2, Tampa Bay 0.