Rays 2, Red Sox 4.
Watched from the 5th. Highlights:
– Beckett, looking a bit more like his old self.
– The broadcasters scanning the Tampa Bay crowd during a pitcher switch at score of Boston 4, Tampa 2, showing very sober and depressed looking Rays fans, and one yawner.
– Varitek’s homerun. Yes, the come back score was nice, but it was nice to see that Varitek, whose offense has falls the past two years, be able to clutch.
– Bradford’s underhand pitch still throws me off. Especially when he was pitching Ortiz’s intentional walk.
– As much as it stung, I had to admire the calculated risk the Rays made to walk Ortiz and hope for a double play out of Youk in the 8th. Because I still thought that was a risky bet.
– Upton’s ungraceful foul.
– Youk’s catching the final out.
– I watched without sound. The audio was getting chopped up.
– After a game like this, one has to wonder if the World Series would be this exciting. ALCS does it again.
– The core 2007 WS team may still be around, but it’s not the same team.
– Some of those 1-2-3 innings flew by in a flash. This multi-tasker has
been busted for missing out a lot. But, I caught the last two scoring
runs, so I don’t feel so bad 🙂
– I’m still amazed everytime I watch Masterson pitch. Remember, this kid was in the double As just this spring.
– I don’t think I can watch in the Rays’ stadium. Those cow bells will drive me crazy. I get irate enough just dealing with my coworker’s whistling as it is.
– Series count: Boston 3, Tampa 3. This is beginning to look like a regular pattern.
Finally, unrelated, but just as important:
I voted in the 2008 Presidential Election. You should as well.